Monday, April 24, 2006

College Days : Part-2 : One More Glimpse !

It was end of 1978 (or beginning of 79, I don’t remember now), I had the opportunity of “Dharhsan of IR" again.

It was IR’s live musical programme at the Trade fair at Salem.

Amidst all tension of semester exam etc., still I decided to see the programme and after great efforts I got the ticket and attended that programme.

Even though I don’t remember now about the songs played on that day, a lot of IR's latest hits were played; particularly “thanni karuthiruchhu” (from "Ilamai Oonjaladugiradhu") by Malasia Vasudven stole the thunder of that day!

While the programme ended and National Anthem was playing, I used the opportunity to slip through the security system and climbed up the dias.

(I preferred to be "less patriotic" while all others stood in attention and singing, I was busy in finding the ways to rush to the dias; naturally, IR was more important than nation!)

Once the Anthem is over, I could say just Hello to him, but before talking further, policemen formed the security line and took him safely away from the crowd and he left!

So, a close encounter of shortest duration !

I could feel the truth that, “IR has really grown, and hereafter he is beyond our reach”.

Still, rather than disappointment, having seen him and enjoyed his songs on the live program stayed on my mind !

1 comment:

சிவா said...

CSR,
//I could feel the truth that, “IR has really grown, and hereafter he is beyond our reach”.

Still, rather than disappointment, having seen him and enjoyed his songs on the live program stayed on my mind !// Now he reached our heart through his music. That is enough for us. Right CSR :-))